OK, so here it is. No laughing at my boring, goody two shoes life OK!
1. I was born in Bourke, NSW.
2. That’s right I am a New South Welshman by origin.
3. I have also lived in Warren, NSW, Carnamah, WA, Port Lincoln, SA, Palmerston, NT and Adelaide SA.
4. Never been overseas.
5. I have seen more than my fair share of the Australian Outback.
6. Was always a tubby kid.
7. In early primary school (living in Country WA) I won numerous medals for swimming at both school sports day and inter-school country carnivals.
8. I always won Butterfly and Backstroke, the same kid (best friend) always beat me at freestyle and breastroke.
9. Despite our swimming prowess, our school always got slaughtered at the inter-school country carnival athletics…we could swim, just not run.
10. After being in what could be termed a swimming squad with regular after school training etc (I lived across from the pool) we moved to Pt Lincoln and swimming training was at 6am a couple of ks away…bye bye swimming L
11. I have only once dived off a 10 metre platform. I did a pin drop.
12. Tip: when doing a pin drop from 10 metres ensure feet and legs are as close together as possible.
13. As a kid I only got grounded once. During which time I went to a birthday party.
14. I got grounded for splitting my brothers head open with a rock, which I propelled at him from quite a distance, so really it was quite a good grenade (throw).
15. I am the son of a preacher man…go Dusty.
16. My brother blames me for his inability to wrestle.
17. I am not a fighter, when we were kids I sat on him so we didn’t have to fight.
18. The one time I fought my brother, dad said take it outside, so we did…needless to say my brother ended up with a bleeding nose (I think it was over who got to sit in the bean bag?).
19. No one has ever tried to start a fight with me, probably due to a number of factors, I am large and imposing and some of the people I hung out with you really wouldn’t want to mess with…no one thankfully has ever worked out that I would most likely stand there and take it or run away.
20. I was the dux of my primary school.
21. I am into music, both making and listening.
22. Some instruments I have played seriously: Piano, Clarinet, Bassoon.
23. My favourite number.
24. Some instruments I have played but not so seriously: Saxaphone, Trumpet, guitar.
25. I have been in numerous bands at school, jazz ensembles etc and have therefore by association played with musicians such as James Morrison and Don Burrows.
26. Things related to music I have been payed for: Jazz background music, a few background piano gigs at dinners, weddings, teaching piano and I have also won a $300 composing and arranging competition.
27. The first CD I ever owned, Diesel – Hipfedelity….ouch (actually I have this on my mp3 player at the moment.)
28. The best I have ever done in a running event was 10th at a primary school cross country event
29. I have never stolen/borrowed a pig.
30. I am a shy person around new people.
31. I am overly friendly and inappropriate around people I know. (which must be why I like the internet so much 😉 )
32. My first car was a Layland Mini.
33. To get into it I had to bend like a corkscrew.
34. I had it up on two wheels once going around a 90° turn at 100km/hr.
35. I have never been drunk to the point of vomiting.
36. I just get bored of drinking or spending the money.
37. I’ve always thought that I am just a control freak and afraid to let go.
38. I love Pasta.
39. I am sure I could easily eat a whole 500g packet of pasta cooked with a tasty sauce.
40. Was a very fussy eater as a kid.
41. never ate anything but meat unless it was with mashed potato.
42. Now I eat anything (I think it was due to college food)
43. I live with my Girlfriend.
44. We have 2 turtles named: Fanta Pants (a long neck) and Squirt (Murray River Short Neck)…edit: Squirt passed on last night. L
45. We have 2 frogs named: Frits and Beans.
46. I can’t stand doing anything wrong.
47. That includes breaking any rules or laws.
48. I never got detention, time-out or withdrawal at school.
49. I have only ever had two operations
50. once I had to go to the ER to remove a 1 inch tree spike from my head
51. I have also had ingrown toenail.
52. Patience is my biggest virtue.
53. I have to eat my favourite food first,
54. I can’t stand those that leave it till last…when it is cold and they are full.
55. Sometimes I drive like a grandma.
56. I ranked in the top 10 of the NT at the end of year 12…big whoop.
57. I always wanted to work in the pharmaceutical industry.
58. After 5 years at University, doing a bachelor of engineering (Chemical) and a bachelor of science (majoring in Organic Chem and Physical & Inorganic Chem) I came to the realisation (probably in second year) that a career in the Pharmaceutical industry was very unlikely.
59. After applying for a one line job advertised in the paper I landed my first job out of Uni…it just happened to be in the Pharmaceutical industry.
60. It’s funny how life turns out.
61. I Left home (Palmerston NT) when I was 17 to go to uni in Adelaide and stayed at Lincoln College.
62. Living in a residential college is a totally unique experience. (and would need another 100 things to explain why)
63. I have a younger brother and an older sister.
64. My favourite TV shows are House and the biggest loser.
65. I have made a conscious effort this year not to watch pointless TV shows and become a TV zombie.
66. It seems to be working, I get bored if I try and sit down and watch too much TV now.
67. I was once in a barbershop nonet – we were called The Flapping Sphincters – Enough said (though I could upload the video of our performance to youtube?)
68. I think running is now the most committed I have ever been to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
69. The Heaviest I have been was about 135kg.
70. I will be happy when I hit 100kg.
71. I have a freckle on my lower lip.
72. I practically lived as a vegetarian for the year 2002.
73. I go very red in the face when too much attention is placed on me.
74. I had the derogatory nickname Rudolf for a while in primary school.
75. I’m also a positive person and cling to the belief that everything works out in the end.
76. I have worked in childcare (vacation and afterschool care) – mostly my job was to run around like a silly bugger playing with all the boys outside.
77. I have worked for the NT government – mostly sorting core samples from that years drilling expeditions, they bagged a sample every 3 metres. We had to dry it and put it in a labelled vial to go to the core library.
78. My favourite movie genre is comedy.
79. I hate Horror movies, I just can’t see the point in watching something to get scared.
80. Everything else is ok and I don’t mind chick flicks…oops did I just type that out loud.
81. I like and appreciate all types of music, especially aussie rock.
82. My year of birth.
83. I love cooking.
84. I hate vomiting and can’t remember the last time I did.
85. When the last Olympics were on My brother and I had two TVs set up side by side, one with SBS and the other channel 7.
86. I have had my back naired once and my chest waxed once, I would not do either again.
87. Waxing hurts.
88. The best presents I have ever received are: Garmy, Runner’s World subscription and 2 tickets to Cirque de Soule.
89. I will be running my first marathon next year.
90. I love living in Adelaide (just a big country town) but can’t rule out a move interstate sometime in the future.
91. I have never been on A Current Affair
92. This list has taken me 3 days to compile.
93. I firmly believe that every situation can be related to either a Simpson’s Episode or a Seinfeld episode.
94. For the most part I am quite happy the way my life is turning out.
95. I really want to get back into swimming.
96. I am deathly afraid of going to a doctor and being told I need to have an operation; eg tonsils removed
97. As one of my yr 12 teachers famously said, I am a floater, I do enough to get the job done and no more.
98. I want to be one of those 70 year olds still out on the road running in fun runs
99. The penultimate thing
100. I am quite sure I will be bald and grey by the time I am 30.